Wednesday, September 24, 2008

3...2...1...LAUNCH!

Well, I quickly decided to focus my blog on Women portrayed in Anime, Manga, and other forms of Japanese media.


Why? Because these are things I like, and the way female characters are portrayed in pop culture directly reflects women's views of themselves and their development.

This is relevent for you because believe it or not, Manga and Anime are seeping into American mainstream media. So what has been affecting Japanese girls for years is now affecting American girls in growing numbers. It's probably even affected you! Don't believe me?


See any familiar faces?





1 comment:

Jessie said...

Having never really seen Sailor Moon or other such cartoons before, I could only judge this style of anime by what it looks like. I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the positive speeches, advice, and apparently confidence building scripts used. I found that the ending of the show referred to as "Sailor Says" would probably be inspirational and a help to the young audience. I am glad to see that even though this type of series has its faults like any other children's show, it has a positive spin on it. It is a step in the right direction to making a difference.